REVIEW: Innisfree Rosemary Sebum & Pore Lotion

The Innisfree Rosemary Sebum & Pore Lotion is designed to mattify oily/combination skin types and also unclog, refine, and minimize pores. As a lotion, this product should be used before your daily gel or cream moisturizer and after your toner, essence, or serum.  Since this is meant largely for oil and shine control, I'd recommend that you use this during your morning routine only.

I couldn't find a full list of ingredients and the product itself isn't currently listed on the brand's global website, but with some amount of research behind me I can still speak to some of the main active ingredients. So what makes this product worth mentioning? Well, the primary ingredients are extracts of rosemary and mint and they serve the following functions: 

Rosemary: controls oil, mattifies shine, and reduces sebum 
Mint: increases the elasticity of pores and clears away dead skin cells

Now rosemary has several medicinal uses, and it isn't surprising that it also has great benefits for troubled skin.  Rosemary has antiseptic and antibacterial effects, killing bacteria, fungi, and viruses on the skin.  It is effective on eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and acne.  Rosemary also helps to stimulate cell renewal while also adding balanced moisture to the skin.  Now that we know all about the benefits of rosemary, it's pretty confidence boosting to know that there is 200 mg of rosemary extracts in each bottle! 

Mint extracts can be used topically to treat acne as well.  Mint has anti-inflammatory effects on troubled skin, and acts as an astringent on acne. Furthermore, it has a naturally high amount of salicylic acid.  If you have acne, then you probably already know that salicylic acid is an important active ingredient that helps to clear up pimples and clogged pores. 

Another good thing about this product is the four-free system, meaning it is formulated WITHOUT parabens, mineral oil, animal byproducts, or artificial dyes.  
I'm assuming this is the ingredients list on the back of the bottle.  If you can translate that from Korean, and wouldn't mind providing me a copy that'd be great and I'll be forever grateful! ^^
The consistency of this product is a watery, light gel and goes on without any stickiness.  I can smell a hint of alcohol, but that evaporates quickly and doesn't irritate my skin.  However, sensitive skin types may be irritated by it, including the mint extract.  Also, it is important to wear sunscreen while using this product because the mint extract will increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight.  
 
Overall, I did notice that my oil production during the day has reduced while using this product.  I've also noticed slightly less blackheads around and across my nose, but I can't attribute all of these changes to this single product since I also use AHAs and retinol in my skin routines.  I also haven't noticed any significant change or reduction in my acne flare ups unfortunately.  Other than that, this lotion is something worth trying though if you're looking for something lightweight to control shine and oil on your skin! It's also priced extremely reasonably too. 


Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
Innisfree Rosemary & Sebum Pore Lotion
3.75/5
5/5
3.75/5
4.5/5
16.5/20

You can purchase this product at the following trusted, e-shops: 
W2Beauty - $14.68 USD 
If you are a first-time buyer at W2Beauty, you can enter in my sponsor code 25809502 and receive a $5 discount towards your order. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook