REVIEW: The Face Shop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clarifying Toner

This is one of my favourite toners and I'm already on my second bottle.  It's free from alcohol, mineral oil, or synthetic fragrances, so it's pretty ideal for most skin types.  The primary (and wonderful) ingredients include hyaluronic acid, Portulaca oleracea extract (anti-inflammatory), alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), and beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) derived from natural sources.

This toner is meant for sufferers of adult acne, according to their website, but I think this is still suitable for teenagers experiencing puberty-related acne breakouts.

So what is wonderful about this toner? Well, first, the BHA and AHA are wonderful chemical exfoliants.  They help to remove dead skin cells and also increase collagen production for healthy and elastic skin.  Usually, products are either BHA or AHA only but this toner combines both for maximization of benefits.

BHA:
• anti-inflammatory - good for sensitive skin that is blemish, eczema, or rosacea prone.
• exfoliates the surface of your skin and deep into your pores, reducing white/black heads and acne
• anti-bacterial properties to reduce acne-causing bacteria on your skin

AHA:
• exfoliates surface of skin
• evens out skin tone and provides moisture for dry skin
The toner is very watery and I apply it on my face with a cotton swab or sometimes I just pour a small amount in my hand and lightly pat it into my skin.  I use this after my cleanser and Missha First Treatment Essence.

The results have been better moisturized skin, evened out skin tone, and a reduction in black/white heads. However, my acne has not disappeared which is not surprising since I have extremely stubborn cystic acne along my jaw and cheeks.  The levels of BHA/AHA are probably not strong enough to work on acne, but certainly strong enough to help exfoliate!



Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
The Face Shop Blemish Zero Toner
4/5
4.5/5
4/5
5/5
17.5/20

You can purchase this product at the following, trusted e-shops:
W2Beauty - $20 USD (free shipping)
If you are a first-time buyer at W2Beauty, you can enter in my sponsor code 25809502 and receive a $5 discount towards your order. :) 
Koreadepart - $10 USD (shipping costs extra)

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh.... Something I should try. My skin is pretty sensitive but anything that will help keep it clear and blemish free is worth trying at least once!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice, gentle combination of AHA/BHA! But maybe start off using it once every other day in case it does irritate your skin. I really love this toner! :) Let me know how you like it if you try it out! <3

      Delete
  2. Yesterday was writing and lost what I wrote :s, but I was telling that I'm using this same toner and love it. It's fresh, soft for my skin and does a good job helping me control oil and blackheads.
    Regards! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that you also enjoy this toner and it's been helpful! It's definitely such a nice, gentle toner :)

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to hear that you also enjoy this toner and it's been helpful! It's definitely such a nice, gentle toner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice, gentle combination of AHA/BHA! But maybe start off using it once every other day in case it does irritate your skin. I really love this toner! :) Let me know how you like it if you try it out! <3

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook