REVIEW: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream


This cream is part of Innisfree's Green Tea Seed Line and contains 52.5%(!) green tea extract.  It is the heaviest cream out of the green tea seed line and is better suited for dryer skin types than the Green Tea Pure Cream.  Although I have combination skin, this product didn't break me out or cause excess oil and sebum production.

First impressions:
It has a lovely texture and is more similar to a gel-cream than a true cream-based moisturizer.  It is kind of heavily fragranced, but the scent disappears quickly after application.  It also absorbs nicely after a few minutes, and a little bit of product goes a long way.  This is very hydrating without increased feelings of oiliness or stickiness.

In total, I probably used this moisturizer for 16 weeks before I ran out.  I tested this throughout the summer and partly through the beginning of autumn, but now as the weather is getting colder and dryer, I find that it isn't as moisturizing as I'd like.

Full list of ingredients (click photo to enlarge):

The product follows the 4-Free system, meaning it does NOT contain any of the following ingredients:
parabens, ethanol, mineral oil, animal byproducts

The selling point for this product is its 100% organic Jeju green tea water, but I would take caution in believing the completely organic claim.  I haven't seen any certifications from third party organizations over Innisfree's organic farming techniques, extractions, and sources.

Now what's great about green tea is its wonderful anti-oxidant properties, and skincare addicts love anti-oxidants!  They basically reduce oxidative stress on your skin by neutralizing free radicals.  If you haven't heard of free radicals, they're basically unstable atoms that attack our skin's collagen strands and cellular structure.  Therefore, benefits of green tea extract and thus, antioxidants, would be a reversal of sun damage from UV rays and also skin repairing effects.

From what I've observed after using this product for four months is better hydrated and somewhat softer skin.  However, I haven't noticed any significant changes to sun damage, dark spots, elasticity, or wrinkles on my skin.

Now I do have a few heavy criticisms about the packaging, but first - why does all the text and graphics rub off after awhile!?!  When the text initially began coming off the side of the container, I was worried I purchased a counterfeit item, but that reason was quickly dismissed since I knew I was purchasing this from a reputable store that I have been a long customer of.  I did some research online and realized that my version of the product was from the latest packaging and design release (changes came into effect sometime in March 2014).  I guess since the company changed its designs, their packaging also reduced in quality...

Another problem is the jar packaging style which is not hygenic.  Innisfree should at least provide a spatula with this product to reduce transfer of bacteria into the cream.  Bacteria is bad for skin creams for obvious reasons, but another thing a lot of people don't realize is the way bacteria actually degrades the primary active, skin boosting and repairing ingredients!

Aside from packaging issues, I did notice that the product stung a little on my skin and if I got it even a little too close to my eye I would experience irritation.  I think my skin was a little sensitive to some of the ingredients.


Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream
3.75/5
5/5
3.5/5
2/5
14.25/20

You can purchase this product at the following, trusted e-shops:
W2Beauty - $24.21 USD
If you are a first-time buyer at W2Beauty, you can enter in my sponsor code 25809502 and receive a $5 discount towards your order. :)
Koreadepart - $22.22 USD

2 comments:

  1. I want to try this line a lot.... Seems nice ^^ what about the innisfree green tea serum? Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have tried the green tea seed serum by Innisfree!! :) It's got a good consistency and absorbs nicely; a little too fragranced though but that's very common for Innisfree products I think. I will do a full review sometime soon so please check back for updates :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook