REVIEW: Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion

This is a great cushion foundation for those who want a slightly heavier coverage but dryer finish. Some may argue that the coverage is similar to IOPE, but after trying them both I'd say that Sulwhasoo wins in that respect.  It goes on smoothly, quite flawlessly, fills in any dilated pores, and provides that signature, dewy finish Koreans love so much.

Sulwhasoo is owned by a parent company, Amore Pacific Corporation, who also owns IOPE, Hanyul, Laneige, and others. As expected, there isn't a great amount of variation between IOPE and Sulwhasoo in the ingredients, however, I did find Sulwhasoo was better for my skin overall.  I had less breakouts, and my skin was generally less irritated. 

There are four shades: 


The shades, once applied to your skin, are actually quite light, despite their appearance in the photos above. I would say that each one goes on the skin about 1-2 shades lighter than what you see here.

Unfortunately, I'm in between shades No.23 and 25.  23 is too light for me, so I colour correct with a darker powder on top and 25 is much too dark.  For reference, I'm a NC 15 in the winter and NC20 in the summer.

The product has a nice, herbal scent just like most of Sulwhasoo's products, so when I apply it I honestly feel like it becomes a nice aromatic last step to my morning routine. 

The product specifies SPF 50, PA +++ but I would caution users to still apply sunscreen underneath.  The amount of the cushion foundation that we use is not enough to provide significant UV protection; you need a least a good 1/4 teaspoon of sunscreen to create a UV block on your skin!  I actually tested this theory out and for 2-3 weeks in the summer I wore only the cushion foundation, skipping my regular sunblock, and guess what happened? I tanned. I tanned SO much that the cushion shade no longer suited my skin colour! The things I'm willing to do as a beauty reviewer eh? 

What was nice about this product was it lasted a good 8-10 hours on my skin before oil separation created that annoying polka-dot effect across my skin.  I would say it lasts longer than IOPE and certainly longer than Laneige. But keep in mind, I also use an oil control lotion or serum to help the foundation last longer on my skin. I find that OST C20 Vitamin C serum works wonders under this product! 

To mattify the product and to reduce the amount of stickiness on my skin, I use a large powder brush to apply either a pressed or loose powder (usually in a shade darker to color correct) on top.  On days that I want more of a second skin look and feel, I use Makeup Forever's HD finishing powder instead. 


Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion
4.5/5
3.5/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
17/20


You can purchase this item at the following trusted e-shops:
W2Beauty - $53.79
If you are a first-time buyer at W2Beauty, you can enter in my sponsor code 25809502 and receive a $5 discount towards your order. :) 
RoseRoseShop - Reg. $60, 20% off sale price $48 

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely heavier than Iope. And the shades are more yellowish, even the light pink one.
    I'd say that Iope is more suited for dry skin. But that's just my opinion.
    I have to finish my cushion testing. After discovering Hanyul, I don't even want to look at other cushions anymore. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that difference about the more yellow-ish tone too! At first I thought it was the lighting in my bathroom playing tricks... haha

      I heard that Hanyul discontinued its cushion but there is still stock available from most sellers...do you know if this is true?

      Delete
  2. I noticed that difference about the more yellow-ish tone too! At first I thought it was the lighting in my bathroom playing tricks... haha

    I heard that Hanyul discontinued its cushion but there is still stock available from most sellers...do you know if this is true?

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook