REVIEW: TONYMOLY Floria Brightening Peeling Gel

I picked this up from an authorized reseller inside H-Mart, a popular Korean supermarket with several locations in Vancouver, Richmond, and Coquitlam.  I was looking specifically for a chemical exfoliant and I made sure to ask the sales associate there which one she preferred and she suggested this Floria Brightening Peeling Gel by TonyMoly.

Like other chemical peeling gels, this product uses alpha hydroxy acids, such as lactic acid, to remove layers of dead skin on the surface of your face.  I've used other peeling gels before and many do work, but this works exceptionally well.  My pores are clearer, my skin is smoother, and my face looks less dull.

To use, you apply a generous quarter sized amount onto a clean, dry face and massage gently until the gel melts completely and your dead skin sloughs off into small balls, sort of like eraser bits.


See! Little eraser bits! 


Full Ingredient List -  
Water, Glycerin, Quarternium-60, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Dipropylene Glycol, Pearl Powder, Yeast,  Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract,  Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Serine, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Urea, Sodium chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2, Hexanediol, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

According to COSDNA (http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b6bd161335.html), most ingredients are in the green or yellow zones for safety.  The carbomer is flagged as a potential irritant and the butelyne glycol as a potential acne trigger; however, both have low scores of 1 each.

The only mild drawback of this product is the fragrance.  It's supposed to have a floral scent, but it's just weird to me.  It's not entirely off putting that I can't use it, but it's also not the best. Oh well, the product still does a great job exfoliating my skin and it's one I think I'll keep!


Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
TONYMOLY Floria Brightening Peeling Gel
5/5
5/5
4/5
5/5
19/20

You can purchase this product at the following, trusted e-shops:
Momomango - $12.99
Koreadepart - $7.35


5 comments:

  1. Oh, maybe I'll try it! Usually Tony Moly skincare products irritate me or create comedos, but their Floria line was a great exception, I've tried toner, cream and some samples and all was good without any trouble.
    Thank you for this review, was very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evelyn, I'm glad to hear this review was helpful for you!! I find that TonyMoly stuff is a hit and miss - especially their new BCdation all master - as well. But you're absolutely right, their Floria line has been a good exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that's dead skin peeling and not the product itself pilling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great question. This blogger does a bit of an investigation into whether peeling gels work, I suggest you check it out: http://www.labmuffin.com/2014/02/fact-check-friday-do-peeling-gels-really-peel-off-my-skin/

    From my other research, some suggest that it's the lactic acid or other fruit based acids that exfoliation the skin. After reading the Lab Muffins post I'm inclined to be skeptical of that explanation now. I'll update my post to reflect that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I tried a sample I got of this product and while it's nice to see the "skin" rolling off, I don't think it had any brightening effect.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook